The microfiber couch is the mark of modern homes where everyone can sit in comfort, spend quality time with friends and family, and watch their favorite TV show. It’s the most used furniture in the house so there are higher chances of getting dirty with food, coffee, water, or pet pee stains. There are many traditional ways to get rid of these nasty stains but the smarter one is to use a steam cleaner.
We tried the following techniques on our office couch and believe us we got amazing results. You can follow these to make your couch look brand new with no effort. Must check our recommendations for the best steam cleaner for the couch and the best steam cleaner for mattress.
How to Deep Clean a Soiled Microfiber Couch
Analyze your couch’s condition and try one of the below-given methods. Make sure, to check the cleaning instructions tag on the couch before starting cleaning.
Using A Steam Cleaner
Steam cleaning couches is the quickest way to clean all the gunk out. It not only removes stains and sucks dirt but is also able to kill 99% of germs and bugs hiding in the inner corners.
- The foremost step is to remove the pillows and all other things to make your cleaning process easy.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the food and dirt particles from all the nooks and crannies of the sofa to make the process of steam cleaning easier.
- Use the steam cleaner on the spotted areas first. Our recommendation is to use a steam cleaner of back and forth technology. With this steamer, you are able to wash and suck the water at once.
- If the couch is dirty enough then it’s better to repeat the process twice.
- Once you have done it, take a rag or soft cloth and dampen it with warm water. It is essential to clean the couch with the rag thoroughly to avoid the couch looking crunchy when it dries. You can fluff up the pillows by filling couch cushions with poly-fil.
- If you want to make your couch softer, you can take a brush with a soft bristle and go over the sofa. The stiffness will subside, and the couch will appear fluffier and bouncy.
Using the steam-cleaning technique will not only provide a fresh look to your couch but its steam will also kill bed bugs and other bacteria hiding on the couch.
Note: If you feel itchy while using the upholstery and have red welts on your skin, that means bed bugs are there.
You can also take the rubbing alcohol and apply it to the areas that have the most stain. Leave the rubbing alcohol on the couch for at least 10 to 15 minutes. You can take a soft towel or a microfiber cloth to wipe down the rubbing alcohol. All the stains will come off quickly, and the stubborn stains will come off after cleaning twice more.
Baking Soda to Remove Odors
It is convenient to analyze the couch’s surface and use a mixture of soap and baking soda to remove dirt stains and odors. Mix any mild soap and baking soda in a cup of water and take a soft sponge to clean the couch deeply. Sprinkle it all over the couch and wait for 20 minutes.
After cleaning, dab off the excess water or use a vacuum cleaner and let the couch dry for a day or two. You may feel that the fabric appears a bit stiff after drying. Take a soft bristle brush and start brushing the couch. Do not be extremely hard when doing this process.
To use Oxi clean you must have a Microfiber towel, a hard bristle brush, and a sponge with you. Spray and brush the cleaner on the spotted area and leave it for 15 mins. Then the next step is to use a steam cleaner to wash and extract all the excessive water. Then use the microfiber towel and rub the fibers down until they look
You can also take a spatula or a sharp object to scrape hard stains. Do not rub too hard as it can damage the surface of the couch. After rubbing the stains, take a damp towel or a rag to thoroughly clean the couch’s surface.
How to Avoid Stains from Going Deeper
Wipe Stains Right Away
When you notice a stain on the couch, use rubbing alcohol to wipe it right away, sometimes, a damp cloth and a little bit of soap can also do the trick.
If you have a pet, then your couch must be full of cat or dog fur. You can use a vacuum to clean hair, but a lint roller is a quick and easy way of getting rid of fur. Keep a lint roller at hand and clean the fur right away.
A steam cleaner will prove to be your best friend if you are looking to revive a filthy couch. It has automated technologies that help take off deeper stains and make your couch look brand new. There is no need for you to buy a new sofa when you can clean a heavily soiled couch cost-effectively. However, it is best if you do not let your couch remain dirty for longer. You can use effective ways to keep your couch looking new. You can also use a steam cleaner from time to time for significant results.
- 10 Best Steam Cleaner for Mattress [Reviews 2023] - February 10, 2023
- How to Clean House Vents Yourself Like A Pro! - January 30, 2023
- 12 Signs of a Bad Cleaning Lady - January 29, 2023