Are you doing your best to clean old stubborn stains from your car seats with a brush, towel, and liquid cleaners?
Ain’t getting satisfactory results?
Calm yourself down!
And move yourself to a steam cleaner.
But you must need to know how to steam clean car seats, and what material you have in a car seat. To help you out, here are the simple steps that will keep your car seats looking neat and great.
How to Steam Clean Fabric or Leather Car Seats At Home 
Grab the Essentials Tools
- Steam cleaner with brush head attachment
- Microfiber Cloth
- Heat-resistant gloves
Vacuuming the Car Meticulously
Vacuum the seats thoroughly with a brush attachment on the cleaner. You can use the crevice tool to get into all the nooks and corners of the seats. Don’t forget to vacuum the backrest of the seats.
Pre-Treatment on the Car Seats
Another great step in steam cleaning your car seats. Use a pre-treatment conditioner to get rid of any nasty and stubborn stains e.g. spilled ink or coffee. It is necessary to choose an appropriate conditioner or shampoo made specifically for the material. Follow the directions and apply them accordingly.
To get rid of chocolate stains and gum, use an ice pack. Place it over the stain for ten minutes, it should come off right away after freezing. If not, take a butter knife and scrape it off.
Buy a Worthy Steam Cleaner
With the weight and size of the steam cleaner, tank capacity and multiple attachments are quite important. Handheld cleaners are quite compact and portable as compared to commercial steam cleaners.
Steps to Deep Clean Car Seats Faster
Get Your Steamer Ready And You’re Good to Go!
- Keeping the pressure setting at minimum or medium, cover the tip of the cleaner with a microfiber cloth.
- To make steam cleaning more convenient, start doing it in sections. Run the triangular hose attachment slowly through the car seats.
- Start from top to bottom and back to front. This will relieve you from the discomfort of getting down on the damp fabric. Work your way slowly to the bottom.
- Make overlapping strokes in a vertical motion. This will help cover all the areas. Since too much moisture destroys leather, avoid holding the hose on leather seats for too long.
- Even if the stains are residual, brush lightly, or else you will cause pilling to the seats. Put even pressure and focus on all parts of the seat. Don’t forget the nooks and crevices.
- If you steam clean regularly, avoid all the metal parts around the seats from steam. This may result in rusting.
- Avoid making random motions, instead, make consistent, smooth, and straight-line movements.
- Although there won’t be much water residue left behind, open the windows to let the car dry quickly. Use a dry brush or microfiber soft cloth to wipe the seats if necessary. You can use a fan as well. Or for finishing touches, use an upholstery freshener spray or you can condition your leather seats.
Benefits of Steam Cleaning
Steam cleaning has lots of specs and benefits as compared to traditional cleaning methods. It is a whole new level of cleaning that does require some effort but is not worthless. In case you have any doubts about this deep cleaning method, the following benefits will give you many reasons why you should do it.
Free of Chemicals
Water and heat are the only cleaning components used in steam cleaning. There are no harmful chemicals involved in this cleaning process. Steam cleaning also helps to remove any chemical residue in the place. It is also a very eco-friendly way of cleaning.
A steam cleaner is the only cleaning and sanitizing tool that does not need any special, costly cleaning solutions. Owning it means you can work with whatever you have at home, only water in most cases.
Pet and Kids Friendly
Steam cleaning also helps remove any bad odor. Since it is a chemical-free process, there won’t be any stinky chemical smell left behind. So after cleaning, it is safe to take your kids and pets on a ride.
Bacteria and allergens are the trickiest to catch. The hot vapors from the steam cleaner penetrate the pores of the fabric and force all the bacteria onto the surface. Therefore, this is a preferred cleaning method for people with multiple allergies and chemical sensitivities.
Hunts Down Mites
Dust mites and sneeze-inducing pests are common to getting trapped in the car. These are known to be one of the reasons for asthma. To avoid the onset of such diseases, it is better to keep everything in your car healthy and hygienic. With steam cleaning, you can easily eliminate these mites not only in your car but also in your mattresses, pillows, and other household items.
Does steam cleaning remove stains from car seats?
Steam cleaning is a simple and effective way of removing stains from car seats. The high-pressure steam cleaners loosen the stains and dirt from the seat fabric which can be suede or leather.
You don’t always have to go to a retailer to get it professionally cleaned. Having the right type of steam cleaner is enough. Steam cleaning is also the best way to sanitize your car and kill all the illness-causing bacteria.
Can you steam clean leather car seats?
Yes, you can steam clean leather car seats by taking some preventive measures. No matter how soft the bristles are, cover them with a microfiber cloth. Otherwise, you will end up with scratched leather. Applying a preconditioning solution made from beeswax, beforehand, is also crucial.
Steam cleaning is the best way to clean leather car seats because not only does it clean them, it rejuvenates and moisturizes the leather as well. After steaming, make sure you do not let your car sit in a sunny area to preserve the leather.
How to steam clean car seats at home?
Steam Cleaning at home saves you money and will give you the best results as well. Make sure to get the best handheld steam cleaner that you can handle easily. By following the above guide you can easily get the best results without any worries.
To summarize, cars do get dirty pretty often. You definitely need to tidy it every now and then so that the interior of the car lasts longer. For that, you do not have to spend good money on professional cleaning companies. The pre-mentioned tried and tested methods are pretty useful. All you need is to invest in a good handheld steam cleaner.
- Bissell Spotclean Pet Pro [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023
- McCulloch MC1385 Steam Cleaner [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023
- Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Review [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023