It’s mandatory to clean your mattresses for a week or so to make sure you and your family are secure from germs and bacteria and get healthy sleep. You can perform this challenging task easily with the help of a garment steamer. Not only that, but you can also use the garment steamer to clean cushions and pillows as well. There is no need to buy a heavy-duty cleaning machine or follow traditional cleaning methods that leave your hands and knees in pain and consume a lot of time.
You might like to check our other articles:
- 10 Best Steam Cleaners for Mattress
- Steam Cleaner Temperature Comparison
- Where Does the Dirt Go When You Steam Clean
Can You Use A Garment Steamer To Clean A Mattress
A garment steamer is not only useful for clothes and curtains but can also deal with harmful bacteria present on your bedding. Steam cleaning eliminates the need for harsh chemicals, and uses water making it a safe option for households with children, pets, or allergy sufferers. Regular steam cleaning will not only extend the lifespan of your mattress but also contribute to better sleep quality and overall well-being. So, why wait? Grab a garment steamer and give your mattress the refresh it deserves!
How to Steam Cleaner Mattress with Fabric Steamer
Most importantly, how will you achieve the desired results with a garment steamer? It is advisable to use baking soda and a vacuum cleaner before applying a steam cleaner. You should also know that high-heated and low-moisture steam works best on mattresses. It easily removes and disinfects mattress stains and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria.
Step-by-Step Guide to Steam Clean Your Mattress
Here are the 5 major steps for complete cleaning and sanitization of the mattress.
- First of all, remove the bedsheet, cover, and pillows from the mattress.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the surface and leave it for half an hour to blast away bad odor.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove soda and to remove loose dirt, dust, and debris from the mattress.
- Fill the garment steamer’s water reservoir according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Plug in the steamer and allow it to heat up. Now hold the steamer about 1-2 inches above the mattress surface and slowly move it across the entire mattress in overlapping strokes. Make sure to cover the entire surface.
- After steaming, let the mattress air dry for a few hours. You can speed up the drying process by placing the mattress in a well-ventilated area or using a fan.
Why Use a Garment Steamer?
Besides cleaning, this device will amaze you with its tremendous benefits. Let’s discuss some of the benefits you will enjoy when you steam clean your mattress.
Steaming a mattress is not easy, especially when your mattress is a dump with pet urine or other liquid spills. Liquid stains quickly pass the upper layer of the mattress. In such a condition, it requires a deep cleaning action. And if you leave the mattress dirty for a long time, then get ready to face the mites and bed bugs. With temperatures of 122°F, steam becomes a formidable force capable of loosening even the most stubborn particles that have taken refuge in your mattress over time.
- Odor Elimination: Steam helps to neutralize odors, leaving your mattress smelling fresh and clean.
- Convenience: Garment steamers are easy to use and require minimal setup, making mattress cleaning a hassle-free task.
Better Sleeping Experience
Generally, mattresses are used for comfort and good sleep, but if they contain bedbugs, and mites, or smell terrible, then even a luxury mattress couldn’t make you feel relaxed. Have you ever thought your bed may contain body oil, salvia secretion, and millions of dead cells shredded by the human body every night? Ultimately a mattress becomes the main feeding ground for these parasites. Now imagine what will happen when you inhale those unhealthy particles that are already in the air.
But undoubtedly, a bed steam cleaner gives you a disruption-free sleeping experience by killing all bedbugs and mites.
Steam cleaning is a 100% natural way to eliminate harmful creatures like bedbugs, dust mites, and germs. It uses normal water with no chemicals. Thus it is safe for the environment. It is an excellent device for allergen people who can’t afford dust and allergies, making their lives hell.
You must be thinking about how a steamer can tackle the cleanliness of a big heavy mattress. Stop thinking and searching, and no need to send the mattress for laundry when you can easily clean and sanitize the mattress at home. A handy mattress steamer is more convenient and powerful enough for deep cleaning of a mattress. It is the best thing for those budgeted people who don’t want to spend a huge amount on professional laundry services.
Suitable Mattresses for Steam Cleaning
The best types of mattresses for steam cleaning are those made with materials that can withstand the heat and moisture of steam without compromising their structural integrity or comfort. Memory foam, latex, and hybrid mattresses are often well-suited for steam cleaning due to their composition.
Remember, while these mattress types are generally suitable for steam cleaning, it’s crucial to follow proper cleaning guidelines and recommendations provided by the mattress manufacturer to ensure the longevity and performance of your mattress.
On the whole, a garment steamer is the most suitable device for cleaning and disinfecting the mattress. Likewise, with other professional cleaning techniques, steam cleaning doesn’t compromise performance. Its performance and amazing features make it a better alternative to vigorous cleaning methods that require chemicals and brushes to clean the surface.
- Bissell Spotclean Pet Pro Review - February 21, 2024
- McCulloch MC1385 Steam Cleaner [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023
- Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Review [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023