Using a steam cleaning machine is very easy. It’s just a game of a few minutes. Steam in the form of a vapor that comes out through its nozzle with high pressure and has a greater power to kill harmful germs and other allergens shortly. But still, you should learn how to use a steam cleaner in the bathroom.
After Kitchen, the toilet is the second most important place that needs to be cleaned deeply to shatter bacteria like Streptococcus and Escherichia coli. These bacteria can cause different painful health problems. So it’s mandatory to clean the bathroom after every second day to control the growth of dangerous microbes.
Besides this, stubborn stains and scum layers on the bathroom tiles give a terrible look. So, to maintain all bathroom items in good condition, use the best steam cleaner for the bathroom and kitchen.
Before moving down to the details, we would like you to check our top recommendations for the best steam cleaner for walls and steam cleaner for tile and grout.
Easy Steps to Use A Steam Cleaner in the Bathroom
It is simple and great fun to clean a toilet with a steam cleaner. There is no need for any bucket full of water, detergents, mop, or any other cleaning solutions. All you have to do is to get a good quality steam cleaner. To start cleaning, attach the suitable tools with the steamer according to the surface. This unit will do all cleaning tasks in a toilet single-handedly.
- Assemble the steam cleaner properly
- Attach the attachment required for cleaning (nozzle brush is preferred)
- Fill the water reservoir of the steam cleaner
- Plug in your steam cleaner and turn it ON
- Let the steam cleaner prepare the steam (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Once the steam is ready, just pull the trigger and spray the steam on the dirty area. Choose a steam cleaner carefully that must have high pressure and required attachments to scrub away all the gunk from your bathroom.
Before you step down to deep clean the washroom, you must know how to use the steam cleaner in different areas. We would explain the steam cleaning of some important parts of the bathroom.
Steam Cleaning Bathroom Floor
The first thing you see when entering the bathroom is the floor. It shows you the entire washroom at a glance.
The bathroom floor is generally made of tiles or marble. One can easily see the grubby grout lines from a distance. It really looks very horrible if the bath tiles or grout are full of grime and dark in color.
The bathroom floor may also get slippery because of soap scum on it. It could be dangerous for someone who uses a wet toilet.
For the floor, the steam mop works perfectly. Choose any good quality steam mop to clean the floor, but cleaning grout lines is not possible with it.
That is why a steam cleaner is recommended for cleaning grout and tiles. Here’s how you can use the steam cleaner for cleaning bathroom tiles:
- Make the steam cleaner get ready to produce steam.
- For cleaning, tiles attach the scrubbing pad, and for grout, a brush tool is recommended.
- Press the trigger to spray the steam on the floor
This process will first lose the stains and then make them vanish like it was not there before.
Steam Clean Sink and Faucet
The cleanliness of the faucet is mostly neglected as a result of dirt gets accumulated around it. Cleaning the faucet manually is not as easy as it looks.
In this regard, a steam cleaner does a pretty well job and makes cleaning easier. A powerful portable steamer with an appropriate brush attachment is highly recommended to clean the sink and faucet. Follow these simple steps to make the objects shine like new:
- Attach a scrub brush tool with the steamer
- Plug in the device and start steaming, scrub it with a brush all over the sink surface and around the faucets.
- After completing this step, splash clean water on the surface to throw out dirt and muck.
- Sponge and clean, the sink and faucet with a microfiber pad.
This procedure will sparkle your sink, remove mildew from the sink drain, and get rid of black slime, gunk, and grime from the faucet.
Steam Clean Shower and Bathtub
A steam cleaner works great on both the shower and bathtub. The holes in the shower may be blocked with some impurities with the passage of time.
No worries, when you have a steam cleaner at your disposal. The huge variety of accessories, i.e. brushes, angles, grout tools, and other useful kits makes cleaning of shower and bathtub simple.
The most suitable attachment for cleaning the bathtub and shower is a bristle brush. Here is how you can steam clean the bathtub and shower head:
- Prepare the steam cleaner
- To loosen the dirt, attach a nozzle and spray the steam where the dirt is accumulated
- Now, attach the brush tool and again run the machine over the bathtub and shower
This method works like a charm and removes crusts, mold, mildew, and rust from the shower head and tub drain.
If the shower doors are made of glass, you can use a squeegee attachment, and for steam cleaning grout and tiles, a scrub brush tool is recommended.
So, turn on the device, blow out powerful steam, then use a nano-fiber cloth to wipe away all the remaining grime from the surface.
Steam Clean Bathroom Mirror
A mirror enhances the beauty of the bathroom. Suppose the mirror is filled with streaks or some residue. In that case, it not only looks bad but also makes it difficult to make up, trim, or shave while looking in the mirror.
You may want to know about streaks and how they develop in the mirror. Streaks are the lines that are caused when someone uses a cloth, paper towel, or newspaper to clean the mirror. It sounds like an easy mirror-cleaning hack, but it leaves behind white streaks on the bathroom mirror.
Sometimes it looks impossible to remove these lines, but there is no rocket science when you have a steam cleaner. Here is how you can steam-clean mirrors in the bathroom:
- First, you have to adjust the steam setting to low pressure.
- Apply steaming without any attachment.
- Clean with a microfiber cloth.
This process will make the mirror shine like a crystal.
There are numerous numbers of countertop materials like marble, granite, concrete, soapstone, laminate, and many more. They all need daily deep cleaning to get rid of stains, grease spots, germs, and bacteria.
It is not a big deal to clean the countertops with a high-pressure steam cleaner. Just attach a microfiber pad with your steamer and do it. After completing the steaming process, dry it with any non-woven cloth.
How to Steam Clean Shower Curtains
In some toilets, curtains are used to make a partition between the shower and the rest of the area. As time passes, dirt and grime accumulate on it and ultimately some spots remain on the curtains. You can steam-clean curtains or either wash them. If you want to steam-clean shower curtains follow the steps given below:
- Plug in the steamer and heat up till it gets ready.
- Apply steam over the surface of the curtains at a distance of 6 inches.
- Rub the curtains with a microfiber pad to remove the remaining loose dirt on them.
How to Steam Clean Toilet Bowl
It is very important to know how to clean the toilet properly as it requires day-to-day cleaning and disinfection to get rid of germs and bacteria.
Many manual cleaning methods require time as well as effort, so it is better to go for an easy-solution steam cleaning.
Once the steamer is ready spray the hot steam to clean the desired area of the toilet. This heat will break down dirt, and limescale, and kill germs and bacteria. Follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Arrange all necessary tools with a steamer.
- Attach the angle tool with your steam cleaner as it is the most suitable one for a toilet seat.
- Apply steam on the toilet bowl and underneath areas with high heat steam temperature.
- If needed, repeat the second step to loosen the stains and rust.
- Splash the water on the toilet seat to wash off all the dirt.
- Use a microfiber mop pad to wipe off the wet surface or just rub it with a good-quality cloth.
After detailed research and testation of different steam cleaners by our team, we came to the conclusion that McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Canister Steam Cleaner is the best option for steam cleaning the whole bathroom. The reason for picking this steamer is its ability to produce a very hot pressured steam and a variety of tools that can be used for multiple purposes.
There is no need to get any other thing for a bathroom if you own a steam cleaner. Steam cleaning of the bathroom and toilet area is so easy and simple with this giant machine. The high-pressurized steam breaks down the hard stains, and limescale on the taps, and disinfects the surface without the use of toxic agents. This gadget requires little time and effort and turns your grimy washroom into a sparkling one.
- 10 Best Steam Cleaner for Mattress [Reviews 2023] - February 10, 2023
- How to Clean House Vents Yourself Like A Pro! - January 30, 2023
- 12 Signs of a Bad Cleaning Lady - January 29, 2023