Bed bugs are uninvited guests, and once they enter the premises, it’s tough to get rid of them. The thing to worry about these bugs is their reproductive system; they multiply very fast and become young adults in 3-4 weeks. Bugs can be found anywhere, so beware if you travel by local bus or train service. Might be you’re the next to carry bugs along with you!
Now, you must be thinking about how to kill bed bugs?
To get rid of this nasty problem, people may suggest many remedies that may or may not be effective. But as per our experience best solution for getting rid of these little beasts is to use the best steam cleaners for bed bugs and dust mites.
A multi-purpose steam cleaner usage is not just limited to killing bed bugs, you can use it as the best steam cleaner for mattress, and the best upholstery steam cleaner to keep them clean and sanitized.
Symptoms of Bed Bug Bites
The good part is these parasites do not transmit any disease. So the question arises: what are the signs of bed bug bites?
In contrast, people who have sensitive skin suddenly observe rash lines on the body. Moreover, older people and kids are always at high risk. There are some primary symptoms which include:
Furthermore, itching, feeling of burning skin, and swollen red bumps on the skin.
Steps How to Use Steam Cleaner to Kill Bed Bugs
- The first and foremost thing is, to look for the best steamer to perform this task. It is highly recommended to use a steam cleaner that throws super-hot steam to kill bed bugs.
- Locate the places where the bed bugs can hide. You can trap them by placing a trap in different corners of the house (under the bed, on the mattress, in the closet, chairs, sofas, or anything made of fabric).
- OR you can also train dogs to help you by smelling the odor of bed bug eggs. So then you can quickly see those little nymphs.
- Before starting the Heat Treatment, you must know how to operate the steam cleaner. So read the user manual carefully.
- Take out your mattress or infested thing which you want to steam.
- Now unbox the steamer and fill the water tank below the maxi level.
- Don’t forget to wear plastic gloves.
- Attach the nozzle or required accessory and plug it in.
- Move the steamer slowly in the back and forth position throughout the mattress or targeted area for 10-15 mins continuously. Don’t forget to steam the bed frame and its legs area.
- At the end of the process, unplug the steamer. And keep in mind, don’t open it immediately after the process completion. This may burn you.
- Turn on the fans, open all the windows, and allow the room to air out.
Will a handheld steamer kill bed bugs?
Yes, If the handheld steamer has a lethal temperature then it can burn the bugs effectively. But make sure to read the manual thoroughly to use it wisely in every crack and crevice for the best results.
What temperature steam kills bed bugs?
If the steam cleaner has high-pressure steam up to 200-235 degrees Fahrenheit then you can kill bed bugs and their eggs within 20-25 mins.
What’s the best steamer for bed bugs?
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is the best machine that delivers high-power steam of 275 degrees Fahrenheit with a running time of 50mins to kill 99% of germs and viruses and of course the kissing bugs inside your furniture.
How often should you steam to get rid of bed bugs?
Don’t forget to steam clean your furniture at least twice in a month to control the birth and reproduction of bed bugs. Once you used it 2-3 times in a month all the bigs and their eggs will go like they were never there before.
Steam cleaner is a perfect tool for whole-house cleaning. Moreover, no need to spend big bucks buying different detergents and chemicals to deodorize surfaces. You can choose one according to your requirement and pocket. The steam cleaner just needs simple tap water to fill in the tank and it’s ready to go.
- Bissell Spotclean Pet Pro Review - February 21, 2024
- McCulloch MC1385 Steam Cleaner [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023
- Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro Review [Black Friday Deal 2023] - November 11, 2023